Positive Approach™ to Care Trainings
* Normal Aging/ Not Normal Aging
- Compare and contrast “normal” aging versus “not normal” aging related to various cognitive functions.
- Describe the five sensory input and processing systems, highlighting the dominant role of vision, and the major differences between protective and discriminating sensation in each.
- Discuss the impact of changing sensory awareness and processing as dementia progresses.
* Positive Physical Approach® (PPA)/ Hand-Under-Hand™ (HUH)
- PPA®: How to positively approach a person living with dementia
- HUH™: Helps assist with not for, Protects them and us, Helps direct gaze, and Can be calming